There’s so much that sets us apart from other NC child care and early education providers. For starters, Overhills Child Development Center is not a franchise. We are a family operated and owner-operated family of centers. If you have a suggestion or problem, you can take it right to the top. Our owner-director represents just one of many lines of communication with parents to keep them informed, enrich the parent/child relationship, and ease anxiety for the entire family.
We understand what families are looking for when one or both parents work. We operate our centers as if our own children were enrolled, and many of them are! In short, everything we do revolves around family – yours and ours. And our reputation as the solution for working families is well-known.
As you explore this site, you’ll learn how we create what we call The Overhills Advantage. Our comprehensive early education programs focus entirely on the needs of the individual child; we learn your child’s strengths and build on them with stimulating activities and lots of positive reinforcement.
Classrooms are big and bright, and designed to be developmentally appropriate for its age group. Each of our locations have large outdoor playgrounds and super-safe equipment to climb through and jump on.
Our educators are not only warm and nurturing, they’re all credentialed. What’s more, every center operates at or better than the NC state child/teacher ratio requirements. And our employees stay with us.
Children who graduate from Overhills Child Development Center begin elementary school with a distinct advantage – we call it the Overhills Advantage. It’s a culmination of the many ways, big and small, that we set a higher standard. At Overhills, education is fun and fun is education.
· An enriched curriculum is used based on progressive developmental milestones for each age group.
· Interactive creative activities are provided for all children, based on each child’s developmental milestones.
· Our program is challenging and based on structure as well as self directed activities.
· Portfolios are created and maintained throughout the year for each child.
· Developmental assessments are conducted to gauge each child's progress.